Summer Music Camps
Are you looking for something to keep you in musical shape and learn more about music? Summer music camps are a great way for students to accomplish this while meeting other young musicians just like our Hille students.
Hille Middle School Summer Band
Illinois Music Camps
Hille Middle School Summer Band
- August 13 – 17, 2018
- 6th graders meet from 8:10am-10:10am
- 7th & 8th graders meet from 10:20am-12:20pm
- Summer band focuses on having fun, blowing the dust off your instrument before school starts and finding out what your friends have been doing over the summer!
- Students in grade 7, 8 or in high school are welcome to help out at the 6th grade session.
- The week ends with a concert followed by our annual water balloon battle & ice cream
- Sign Up Form - due by June 27
Illinois Music Camps
- Southwest Community Concert Band Summer Band Camp - A commuter camp from 8:30am-3:00pm in Orland
It is open to students entering grades 6 thru 9. Included in the camp are full band practices, small group lessons, jazz band or music theory and a concert on the last day of camp. More info...
- SXU-South Side Summer Jazz Camp - A camp at Saint Xavier University. The camp is open to students in grades 6 through 12 and provides students with the opportunity to work with outstanding jazz educators. Students will focus on section playing, soloing and sight-reading.
- Illinois Summer Youth Music (ISYM) - The summer music camp at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. A comprehensive curriculum, rehearsals, sectionals, masterclasses, and evening activities for junior high and high school students.
- Western Illinois University – WIU School of Music faculty, junior high & high school music educators, ensemble rehearsals, sectionals, small ensembles & solo opportunities for specialty camps, optional private lessons, recreation activities, evening entertainment, and concert/ final performances for all camps.
- Illinois State University – Concert band for junior high students.
- Elmhurst Summer Music Camp – a five day summer chamber music festival for strings, winds, brass, and percussion, where your creativity takes center stage! In addition to conservatory-level instruction for your instrument and chamber ensemble, you can participate in special seminars on topics including Composition and related computer programs, Preparing for College Applications and Auditions, Working in A Recording Studio and more.
- Eastern Illinois University – Band, choir, strings, jazz, and piano camps.
- Illinois Wesylan University – Cello and Chamber music camps for students in grades 7-12.
- Northern Illinois University – Rehearsals, seminars, master classes, jam sessions, sectionals, and group classes, all taught by NIU jazz faculty, alumni, and students. Concerts, optional private lessons, and recreational activities fill the evening hours. Grades 8-12
- Southern Illinois University (Carbondale) – Grade 7-12. Refine your musical skills during daily rehearsals, masterclasses, and concerts. Students may take part in HS and JHS Band Camp, Jazz Improv, Drum Major, and Marching Percussion Camp.
- Chicago Chamber Music Workshop – Camp for serious music students in grades 7-12. Students take part in chamber music study and performances.
- Northwestern University – Music Theatre camp for high school students at one of the elite music conservatories in the country.
- Dr. Cate’s Flute Camp – Flute choir, technique classes, small ensembles, special guests/projects, and private lessons. For students in grades 7-10.
- Sherwood Conservatory – Sherwood’s Summer Chamber Music Workshop is open to talented young musicians ages 11-18 that play piano, violin, viola, cello, flute, oboe or clarinet.
- Midwest Young Artists Summer Music Camps – Chamber music, jazz, flute, clarinet, bass, and early music. Week long workshops for junior high/high school students. Also, evening jazz big band, orchestra, and wind symphony.
- Interlochen Summer Arts Camp – Music, art, dance, theater, creative writing, and more for grades 3-12
- Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp – Music plus art, dance, and theater! For students in grades 5-12. Campers choose from 10 different majors and 26 minor areas of study to create their camp experience.
- Birch Creek Music Center – Symphony orchestra, jazz, percussion, and steel band. Individualized instruction, small & large ensembles, seminars, and specialized classes.
- Smith Walbridge Clinics – offer summer camps / clinics and workshops for drum majors, marching band students, band directors, colorguard (flag and rifle), winter guard, mace / signal baton, marching band student leadership, sponsors and marching percussion.
- Music for All Summer Symposium (Ball State University, Muncie, IN) – Concert band, jazz, orchestra, marching band, National Percussion Symposium, color guard, and drum majors. Leadership skills and evening entertainment events
- Indiana University Summer Music Clinic (Bloomington, IN) – Concert bands, jazz, and orchestra for students in grades 8-12. Brass, woodwind, and string ensembles, plus opportunities in jazz improv, leadership, conducting, and composition.
- Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) – High school/middle school concert band, chamber music, and piano odyssey camps.
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater – High school/middle school concert band, string orchestra, and chorus camp. Specialty camps: flute (July 7th-12th), piano, and solo voice.
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Percussion Camp – Percussion ensembles & master classes on snare drum, bass drum, mallets, timpani, hand percussion, drumset, and symphonic percussion.